May 4, 2018

Book Review: A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

A science fiction for children, which my book club threw up and I wanted something light after some recent heavy reading.When I started reading the book, I was not even aware that the movie is coming out in 2018, or that this is a very wonderful read as per many.

When I started this book, it send me back to Famous Five and Enchanted Tree days, as those were the last few books I read about school, holidays and adventure. And this one here is also about that exactly. A family, siblings, and an adventure, it has it all.

And physics is the core of the book, and imagine a 12ish or 9ish kid knowing university level physics to get them through to space, so that was an odd factor as I read on. But, keeping that aside, the bond between siblings are nicely captured across various instances and family bonds played well in bringing the story together.

Being a children's publication, there was not much more that I could gather, though I did think that maybe I would have enjoyed the book more if I read it when I was 10!

Rating: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...