May 27, 2013

Blog-a-Prompt, Day 1: My true colours

As I sat with my drink yesterday evening, I realized that one of the facts of life is that my true colours are seen only when I am 2 drinks down. I was having a conversation with B earlier in the day that I am a round about sort of person, I find it exceptionally difficult to give a straight forward answer. I might know what the answer is, and what is my opinion, but I invariably try to give it in a diplomatic/ round - about manner. And that changes once those 2 drinks are down.

I sometimes do wonder why is this. Why is it so difficult? What makes it such a wrong thing in my eyes? I do not know whether if this is truly wrong in my eyes, but I think it it more that I have never ever been the one to give a preference in front of anyone. My closest friends would also say that me giving a choice would mean that I really want that, or I am really comfortable with the group. I realized today that there is another aspect to this, it can also mean that I am 2 drinks down!

Recently when I had gone for the bloggers meet at Kufri too, this was an observation which was made by folks who I met just a few hours back. Given that many of us read each other's blogs, but we were predominantly meeting each other in person for the very first time. I speak when I am comfortable, and this comfort comes about when alcohol comes into the picture. Sad, but true! Thats when my true colours manifest themselves! A  drink has a way of making you feel comfortable, feeling confident, these being the very feelings which can have a positive or a negative impact on the situation. I enjoy sitting with friends and conversing, sharing a drink, having discussions, and these are the times where I speak the most and feel light headed I guess, to speak out without the inhibitions!

Good or Bad? I do not know.
But, these are my true colours!

Image Source: http://s3.favim.com/orig/46/beach-colours-drink-pink-summer-Favim.com-417218.jpg

20 comments:

  1. I guess this is true for all, only some admit it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people enjoy, true... but I particularly start to speak more !

      Delete
  2. That is something I have noticed with almost all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really... I thought some folks speak so much... speaking more is really difficult ;)

      Delete
  3. I guess this much be true for a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really ? People speak freely, I do know... but some people are just confident and speak whatsoever.

      Delete
  4. Remind me to have a chat with you when we are both 2 drinks down ;)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read this earlier but couldn't comment then...

    going by this logic... I guess I have not met my true self yet :P :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. nothing bad in it, a lot of us find it tough to break barriers and once a little alcohol goes in us, the reflexes tone down and hence the relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad... but then I think I would certainly like to speak a little more under non influenced circumstances too!

      Delete
  7. I hear you, I am pretty much the same. The romantic in me rises with every sip of alcohol I take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... the romantic is another story altogether!

      Delete
  8. Not true for me at all. Somehow, I remain the same whether I drink or not.. may be tipsy me is more umm high spirited other than that.. not at all..

    But I hate feeling sad when drunk.. somehow the things that come out at that time.. I always regret.. the happy me is more in control even if am drunk..

    ( btw I still maintain I wasn't drunk then!! )

    ReplyDelete
  9. i guess its true with most men and many women too... only a few acceptit.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm by this logic my true colors fade or have no effect or what? You tell me, you saw me gulp down that alcohol in plenty, what did you find in me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. never tired this... but yes It takes time for me to open up with a new group of people....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...