September 30, 2011

Itasveer: Not a stickler for quality


When Itasveer came about, the concept was new and being fresh out of college, memories was one thing I wanted to live by. This website allowed me to get some momentos done, photos printed to keep and such. That was way back in 2008. The first product I had got done from them, was the two-tone mug, and this was my gift to two of my best friends, and I must say this mug was of amazing quality. The mug looks as good as new even today. 

Recently, 5 months back, I ordered another Classic White Mug as a birthday gift for B, and it was delivered promptly, but being in use for just these 3 months, the print has started to peel off, and I could see in fact very quickly, that the print was not really onto the surface, but a thin film which is pasted onto the surface of the mug. This can certainly be expected to peel off when washed and used. 

In fact just 2 months back, we did order another classic mug, and that too is in the same state as of now. I am very disappointed with the kind of products which are being sold. I was under the impression that they did have a good product range and quality and time were of utmost importance. But, now I see that time is what they adhere to, but the quality is not that great. 

I am not sure whether it is because the Classic Mug is different from the Two - tone one, but even then, why sell a product which will not even last 2 months, and that too something like a coffee mug, which has the potential to be used every single day!

7 comments:

  1. This is super fuckery >:<
    I would kill someone for this. I gifted my husband *the best husband mug* and its handle broke, but oh well, I can not complain the manufacturers for my carelessness, can I?

    And I used to order flowers from TajOnline, once their flower delivery boy delivered flowers one day late, but they ended up delivering twice :)

    I wish W delivered online clothes...boy! I need to get back to work, writing all these lengthy comments...I am in a cribby mood today and no Iam not even PMSing :(

    Cheers,
    Chintu Singh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happened with one of my mugs too! And that too one I had gifted someone with love :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm .. I have never tried so i wont know but bad bad bad ..


    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess online marketing & quality control is something very new in our markets. Customer service and quality isn't the priority at the moment.

    http://kirantarun.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds outrageous. Can't you complain??

    ReplyDelete
  6. why not try snapfish?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kiran: Usually Itasveer has good customer service, but I am shocked the quality dropped so much in a matter of few years.

    @IHM: I complained, they said please send a picture and all...after which nothing happened.

    @Reema: I did this time, and I am quite happy with their timelines, prints. Yet to try any photo products.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...