April 7, 2009

Salad nights

The past two days, I have made simple pasta salads in two different variations for dinner. They are healthy and light, along with a good mix of nutrients. I specially loved the fact that you can add almost anything that you would eat in an usual dinner into the salad, and we would be reducing the calories in the salad form of meal to a great extend and retaining the nutritional value. 

Day One: Cooked fusili, ridge cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, cottage cheese, salad dressing, salt and pepper.

Day Two: Cooked fusili, chinese cabbage, cauliflower, baby corn, carrots, bell peppers, baby potatoes, tomatoes, salad dressing, salt, oregano and pepper.

I had to use the same dressing ( Italian Vinegar) in each of the cases, but I have decided I need to get a food processor so that I can make some dressings on my own too.

Here I found a great link to key ingredients for a pasta salad. 

A Pic 


2 comments:

  1. no pictures this time? :(

    they both sound delicious, though i think i'd like day 2's salad better. i'll take out the tomatoes though - i can't stand them raw! tomato sauce is an entirely different matter, of course. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are full of ideas, or at least the willingness to follow ideas. That sounds delicious. I'm too lazy to go shopping for ingredients.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...