August 10, 2010

Turning older

As of today,  I have three more years to get through this list of books one should have read before turning 30.

How many am I through? Which ones?

I am through just 5, and I am not even sure whether I would get through more than 5 from this list. As they say, these books are to open your eyes, but I do not want to realize all this world is about.. I want to leave the years after 30 also for some discovery !

Anyways, the ones that I have read are:
  1. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
  2. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graham
  3. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  4. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  5. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov

Do leave a comment on how many you have read from the list :)

7 comments:

  1. I have read, The origin of species and Kill a mocking bird...

    I laid my hands on animal farm and art of war....i didnt interest me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy happy birthday!! hope u had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sunder: Origin of Species... really?

    @Reema: Thank you so much Reema! Had to come to office.. but the evening compensated for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. seven...counting two halves ;-) it was your birthday? Hope you had a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, this is an interesting topic. But I'm sure the lists would vary. I think some books would be more enjoyed if they were read 'after 30', when we've retired and have plenty of time in ours hands. I'm certainly not in a hurry to read War and Peace.
    From that list I read Siddartha, 100 Years of Solitude, possibly the Wind in the Willows (or maybe just the tv series lol), Great Gatsby and an abridged version of David Copperfield.
    So technically I'm behind you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less by Jeffrey Archer

    The Foundation Series by Isac Asimov

    Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

    Some books by Mark Twain - Huckleberry Finn and David Copperfield

    Will add more when I remember

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...