December 9, 2008

Realms of romance

Since a while I have been wondering, do all people who are committed/ attached (however, you would like to put it) always feel it so? Do they necessarily feel attached? And if they do, what is it to feel attached? Does it have to reflect in some manner in what they do?

If you are attached, do you go for trips only with him/her? or Would you try to go on a trip alone with him/her?

If you are attached, do you remain alongside him/her at a party? or Would you try to ensure he/she is having a good time?

There are so many questions which I have, and I have seen so many couples where the guy / girl is independent / free bird, who do not seem to realize the paired concept. They nevertheless still are a pair to their friends, but are their counter parts happy / thrilled in this imposed freedom. When two people who are similar come together then maybe this does not seem to happen. They know what the other wants, as it is precisely what they would also want in return. Then why is it said that opposites attract? And, even if they do attract, is it for the good? Aren’t we better off with someone who is similar to us and hence ensuring more commons in our doings?

I recently read MM’s post on how we end up with people who are so different from us, and poles apart from who we always thought we would end up with. Once we do end up with those opposites, how do we remain happy? I am certain so many remain happy, but why is it that they are happy in a place they thought they would never be happy?

Do these small things you wished for as a small kid about your prince/princess creep in and cause some small scale havoc? Or do the bigger and more blaring things in life render them completely buried or forgotten over time?

6 comments:

  1. so many questions... well love i guess does not conform to anything... it's riddled with exceptions... nothings the byword... u can just go on and on questioning and still find no answers...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lot of valid queries...

    To me there is no single recipe for happy life...Whatever the recipe is at the end of the day both should love each other..

    The outside world can never know how happy/sad is any couple...the real emotions are emitted in private moments..hmm

    In any relationship giving space is very important..so clinging together all the time is not a great idea...

    Regarding the term / proverb /quote - opposite attracts..you can pick the quotes according to the point of view you want to convey..here a sample of contracdictory quotes..

    What's good for the goose is good for the gander. / One man's meat is another man's poison
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder. / Out of sight, out of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All valid questions. I guess, we all indulge into this scenarios and asks to many questions. Often, we are taken aback with the outcomes. I believe that opposite attracts as I do not see myself being a perfect person. So I would not want to share my entire life with my soul mate who carries the similarities in attributes as myself. Life is full of surprises, and I guess leaving our mind out of this scenarios once a while would prove a cherry on the cake as most of the times, it turns out to be a sweet surprise after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swayam: My aim is to find answers and move ahead with life. But I think my answers are going to contradict one another with the passage of time.

    Sunder: I so agree that no outside person can comment on how happy/sad the couple is! Things which are shown to the world is in most cases not what is the reality!

    Kiran: That is interesting, to keen the zest in life, marry an opposite! One good enough reason! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quote is not 100% true! The more opposite we are the more chances of clashes. Similar tastes remove the bumps of the marital path a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reema: A marriage without bumps is something for me too also witness in real life.

    But, when I do think about it, I don't think that would be a bad thing at all. It would be wonderful right to want to do all similar things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I would love to hear your thoughts ...