Well, thats a name which I just concocted as I have been always on the look out for what to do with soya chunks and something which is truly presentable in front of guests and not just for a home quick meal ( which it was for me anyways!). So, today I decided to go about making something on my own, with no recipe, and here is what has come up!
Soya chunks - 3 handfuls (dry)
Onions - 2 medium sized
Ginger paste - 1 tsp
Tomato - 1 medium sized chopped ( even two would do no harm! )
Chilli powder - 1heaped tsp
Tumeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Paprika - 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder -1/2 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
Coconut milk powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Boil some water, add salt to it as its boiling, and drop the dry soya chunks into the water. Turn off the gas and let it stay in the water for 15 - 20 mins. Drain the soya in a strainer and squeeze lightly to remove excess water.
2. Grind the onions well, and add the ginger paste to the mixture and give a swirl.
3. Heat the oil in a wok and when hot add the ground mixture to it. Fry the ground mixture well, and when done the paprika and all other masalas except the pepper powder and salt.
4. When the mixture loses its water content, add the tomatoes to it and mix well to get a puree like consistency.
5. Now add the salt and the pepper powder to the mixture and cook well.
6. Take the soya chunks which would have swelled up and might look quite big, so in which case you can just cut them into 2 using a pair of scissors. On the contrary, if you think the size is fine by you, then they can go in as it is too.
7. Mix well, and cook. The soya also tends to lose some water, hence do not add any water as yet.
8. Take about 200 ml of warm water and add the coconut milk powder into it. Mix well taking care to break up any lumps, if any. Add the milk to the wok and let it boil.
9. Now, add about 200 ml of water and let it cook well. If you would like more gravy, then you may add double the quantity. Else, cook well covered and then turn off the gas.
10. Serve and Enjoy!